Meetings of the Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust Main Board will be held at different venues across the county, and we will publish the address details on these pages as soon as confirmed.
Unless specified otherwise, all Board meetings start at 11 am.
Guidance for members of the public on meetings of the board
Board meetings of Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust are open to the public and press. This guidance provides information about how these meetings work and how the public can get involved.
Name badges for each non-executive member and director are displayed on the table in front of the member to enable members of the public will be able to identify who is speaking at each meeting.
Agenda and Papers
The agenda and papers for the meeting are available seven days in advance of the meeting lower on this page or by contacting the Trust Secretary.
Some items are confidential, for example, if they concern an individual. These items are dealt with in the private section of the meeting, and the trust may pass a resolution requiring members of the public and press to withdraw.
All members of Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust are required to declare if they have an interest, for example, financial, which is relevant to the work of the trust. These are recorded in a register which is regularly inspected at the Audit and Assurance Committee. Members are also required to state at the start of the meeting if they have an interest in the items to be discussed. Special rules set out in the Standing Orders of Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust govern whether a board member who has declared an interest may take part in the discussion.
A slot for comments or questions by members of the public is set aside at the end of each meeting which is an opportunity to ask questions or make comments on matters about Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust. These questions must be tabled in advance with the Trust Secretary. Please be aware that it may not be possible for an answer to be given immediately. In these cases, written answers will be given within seven days. The Chair may exercise discretion and allow questions that have not been submitted in advance to be raised at the meeting. The amount of time available for any member of the public to speak is two minutes and the maximum time allowed for comments to be received and respond is 20 minutes. Any question not included within the 20 minutes should be given to the Trust Secretary who will respond in writing within ten working days of the meeting.
If a large number of people attending the meeting wish to present a view on a particular item of the agenda, a representative should be nominated to present the views of the group.
An issue will not be deferred because members of the public cannot be present for the meeting.
If the Chairman considers that the business of the Board is being disrupted by members of the public, the Chairman has power to require them to leave the meeting.
A record of the issues discussed and decisions taken at the meeting will be set out in the minutes, which Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust will be asked to approve as a correct record at its next meeting.
The minutes as presented to the next meeting of the trust for approval are added to the website. Prior to that, details of the decisions taken can be obtained from the Trust Secretary.
If you need more information about the Board meetings or venues, want to ask any questions to the Board, or have any other queries, please contact:
Trust Secretary: Trustsecretary@glos-care.nhs.uk
Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust
Edward Jenner Court
1010 Pioneer Avenue
Gloucestershire Business Park
Board papers 2013 archive
- Friday 22 March - The Trust was formally estabished by the Secretary of State for Health on 22nd March 2013. It was therefore not possible to hold this meeting in public, however the full agenda and papers considered at this meeting are available by clicking on the date.
- Tuesday 9 April - to be held in the Boardroom, Edward Jenner Court, 1010 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester GL3 4AW
- Tuesday 14 May - to be held at the City Council’s Civic Suite, North Warehouse, The Docks, Gloucester GL1 2EP
- Tuesday 15 July - to be held at North Cotswold Hospital, Stow Road, Moreton-in-Marsh, GL56 0DS
- Tuesday 10 September- to be held at Foxes Bridge Day Centre, Bilson, Cinderford, Gloucestershire, GL14 2LJ
- Tuesday 12 November - Old Town Hall, High Street, Stroud, GL5 1AP
- Tuesday 10 December - Churchdown Community Centre, GL3 2JH (additional paper, Agenda Item 10 Trust Vision plus Appendix 1)
Board papers 2014 archive
- Tuesday 21 January - Dowty Sports and Social Club, Down Hatherley, GL2 9QH
- Tuesday 11 March - Edward Jenner Court, Brockworth, GL3 4AW
- Tuesday 20 May - Civil Service Club, Cheltenham, GL51 9SL
- Tuesday 15 July - Corinium Stadium, Cirencester GL7 6JS
- Tuesday 16 September- Brockworth Community Centre, GL3 4ET
- Tuesday 25 November - Edward Jenner Court, Brockworth, GL3 4AW
- Please disregard Item 13, Complaints Policy, as this has been withdrawn.
Board papers 2015 archive
- 20 January 2015 - Edward Jenner Court, Brockworth, GL3 4AW
- 17 March 2015 - The Pavilion, Cheltenham
- 19 May 2015 - Guildhall, Gloucester
- 21 July 2015 - Corinium Stadium, Cirencester, GL7 1HS (Service user experiences from Gloucestershire Deaf Association)
- 22 September 2015 - Stroud Subscription Rooms, George Street, Stroud, GL5 1AE (Service user experiences from Carers Gloucestershire)
- 24 November 2015 - Oxstalls Tennis Centre, Tewkesbury Road, Gloucester, GL2 9DW (Service user experiences from Gloscats representing the transgender community)
Board papers 2016 archive
- 26 January 2016 - Edward Jenner Court, Brockworth, GL3 4AW.
- 22 March 2016 - Corinium Stadium, Cirencester, GL7 6JS
- - continuation of papers here
- 18 May 2016 - Pavillion, Cheltenham
Appendix to Agenda Item 8
- 19 July 2016 - Roses Theatre, Tewkesbury
Agenda Items 1 - 12
Agenda Items 13 - 19
Agenda Items 20 - 24
- 20 September 2016 - Subscription Rooms, Stroud - PLEASE NOTE: 1.45pm start
Agenda Items 1 - 10
Agenda items 11 - 19
- 22 November 2016 - The Main Place, Old Station Way, Coleford, GL16 8RH
- 24 January 2017 - Oxstalls Tennis Centre, Gloucester
- 23 March 2017 - Edward Jenner Court, Brockworth - PLEASE NOTE: 12.30pm start
- 18 May 2017 - Tewkesbury Borough Council offices, Committee Room 1, Gloucester Road, GL20 5TT
- 18 July 2017 - venue to be confirmed
- 20 September 2017 - venue to be confirmed
- 21 November 2017 - venue to be confirmed